8. -- Bruno Iksil, the former trader known as the "London whale," is unlikely to face charges related to bets that backfired into losses of more than $6 billion for JPMorgan Chase (JPM), The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people close to the matter.
It isn't clear what led investigators to lose interest in charging Iksil, who has cooperated with the probes and an internal review by the bank, people familiar with the matter told the Journal.
9. -- NRG Energy (NRG) is expected by analysts on Friday to post second-quarter earnings of 23 cents a share on revenue of $2.29 billion.
10. -- Adam Scott and Jim Furyk each shot a 5-under 65 to share the PGA Championship lead after Thursday's opening round.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV