Foster Wheeler AG (Nasdaq: FWLT) today reported income from continuing operations for the second quarter of 2013 of $68.3 million, or $0.68 per diluted share, compared with $30.4 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2012.
Income from continuing operations in both quarterly periods was impacted by net asbestos-related gains and provisions, as detailed in an attached table. Excluding such items from both quarterly periods, adjusted income from continuing operations in the second quarter of 2013 was $54.6 million, or $0.54 per diluted share, compared with $33.7 million, or $0.32 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
For the first six months of 2013, income from continuing operations was $85.2 million, or $0.83 per diluted share, compared with $71.9 million, or $0.66 per diluted share, for the first six months of 2012.
During the second quarter of 2013, Foster Wheeler’s Board of Directors approved a plan to sell the company’s wholly owned waste-to-energy facility in Camden, New Jersey. As a result of that decision, the results of operations of the facility are classified as discontinued operations.The following tables present quarterly and average quarterly data for continuing operations, both as reported and as adjusted to exclude asbestos-related gains and provisions (as detailed in an attached table). The company believes that quarterly averages provide meaningful comparative relevance for certain key metrics in light of the significant quarter-to-quarter variability that is inherent in the company’s financial results.
|(dollars in millions, from continuing operations)||Q2 2013||Qtrly Avg. 2013||Q2 2012||Qtrly Avg. 2012|
|Consolidated revenues (FW Scope)||$642||$633||$685||$637|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV