Medidata Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDSO) today announced that the initial purchasers for the previously announced private placement of $250 million aggregate principal amount of Medidata’s 1.00% Convertible Senior Notes due 2018 (the “Notes”) to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Act”), have elected to fully exercise their overallotment option to purchase an additional $37.5 million aggregate principal amount of the Notes. With the exercise of the overallotment option, a total of $287.5 million aggregate principal amount of the Notes will be sold at the closing of the offering, which is expected to occur on August 12, 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
Medidata intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for working capital and other general corporate purposes, including to fund possible acquisitions of, or investments in, complementary businesses, products, services, technologies and capital expenditures. Medidata has not entered into any agreements or commitments with respect to any acquisitions or investments at this time.
Neither the Notes nor the shares of Medidata’s common stock issuable upon conversion of the Notes, if any, have been registered under the Act or the securities laws of any other jurisdiction and, unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from such registration requirements.
This announcement is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an
offer to buy any of these securities and shall not constitute an offer,
solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer,
solicitation or sale is unlawful. Any offers of the securities will be
made only by means of a private offering memorandum pursuant to Rule
144A under the Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV