MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), a leading provider of government services worldwide, today reported financial results for its third quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 include:
- Revenue grew 26% to $334.3 million for the third quarter of fiscal 2013 driven by organic growth.
- GAAP diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 38% to $0.40 and adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 32% to $0.41.
- Strong cash flows resulted in cash and cash equivalents that totaled $187.9 million at June 30, 2013.
- Year-to-date signed contract awards totaled $1.3 billion at June 30, 2013 and the sales pipeline remained strong at $2.2 billion.
- The Company completed a two-for-one stock split effective June 28, 2013. All common stock and per share amounts have been adjusted for the stock split.
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company announced the acquisition of Health Management Limited, establishing a UK foothold in the independent health assessment market.
Revenue for the fiscal 2013 third quarter increased 26% to $334.3 million, compared to revenue of $266.4 million reported for the same period last year, driven by new work and the expansion on existing contracts. Financial results in the quarter reflect solid organic growth across both segments. Revenue for the third quarter of 2013 grew 26% organically compared to the prior-year period.
Fiscal 2013 third quarter income from continuing operations, net of taxes, totaled $28.0 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, and included approximately $0.01 of net legal, settlement and acquisition-related expenses. Excluding these costs, third quarter adjusted diluted earnings per share from continuing operations increased 32% to $0.41 compared to $0.31 reported for the same period last year. The year-over-year increase to earnings is attributable to accretive revenue growth. A reconciliation to this non-GAAP measure is included in the accompanying financial schedules.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV