Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (NYSE: PCL) announced that Timothy Punke has been appointed senior vice president, corporate affairs and public policy, effective Oct. 1. His responsibilities will include oversight of government relations, communications, sustainability and environmental affairs. He will report to Chief Executive Officer, Rick Holley.
“Tim’s breadth of experience and expertise in the corporate affairs and public policy arenas make him an excellent addition to our leadership team,” said Rick Holley, chief executive officer. “The creation of this new position underscores the increasing importance of these functions in helping achieve corporate objectives, and the role Plum Creek and the industry can serve in helping address multiple challenges and opportunities, such as those related to the economy, energy and climate.”
Punke has served in a variety of leadership roles during his nearly 20-year career in federal government affairs and communications. He joins Plum Creek from Monument Policy Group, a bipartisan public policy consulting firm with offices in Washington D.C. and Seattle, and was previously a partner at the law firm of K&L Gates. Punke’s government experience includes service for the White House National Economic Council, the United States Senate Committee on Finance, Senator Max Baucus of Montana, and Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming.
Punke earned a Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor from Cornell University.Plum Creek is among the largest and most geographically diverse private landowners in the nation with approximately 6.3 million acres of timberlands in major timber producing regions of the United States and wood products manufacturing facilities in the Northwest. For more information, visit www.plumcreek.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV