Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq:APOG) announced today that its Apogee Wausau Group, Inc. subsidiary, doing business as Wausau Window and Wall Systems, has acquired the assets of Benchmark Sales Agency, Inc., doing business as Custom Window Company, Inc., to expand Wausau’s product offering and U.S. geographic reach. Terms of the purchase were not disclosed.
“Wausau’s purchase of Custom Window supports Apogee’s strategy to grow our architectural framing systems segment through geographic expansion, new products and domestic acquisition. It presents an opportunity to better serve customers and prospects in the Western U.S. and the historical renovation market throughout the country,” said Joseph F. Puishys, Apogee chief executive officer.
Privately held, Custom Window was founded in 1981 in Englewood, CO. It has grown to become a leading U.S. manufacturer of historically accurate, aluminum window products that account for annual revenues of approximately $10 million; it has more than 100 employees.
Custom Window’s unique product offering includes:
- Regionally appropriate, projected windows for the competitive K-12 school market and low-rise office applications;
- Patented, self-balancing double-hung windows designed for occupants to enjoy both large openings and easy operation; and
- Historically accurate window systems with true divided lite muntins, addressing stringent aesthetic requirements for historic preservation projects.
- Architectural Glass segment consists of Viracon, the leading fabricator of coated, high-performance architectural glass for global markets.
- Architectural Services segment consists of Harmon, Inc., one of the largest U.S. full-service building glass installation and renovation companies.
- Architectural Framing Systems segment businesses design, engineer, fabricate and finish the aluminum frames for window, curtainwall and storefront systems that comprise the outside skin of buildings. Businesses in this segment are: Wausau Window and Wall Systems, a manufacturer of custom aluminum window systems and curtainwall; Tubelite, a fabricator of aluminum storefront, entrance and curtainwall products; and Linetec, a paint and anodizing finisher of window frames and PVC shutters.
- Large-Scale Optical segment consists of Tru Vue, a value-added glass and acrylic manufacturer primarily for the custom picture framing market.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts