NEW YORK, Aug. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Independence Corp. (Nasdaq:AMIC) today reported 2013 second-quarter and six-month results.
Net income attributable to AMIC increased to $1.5 million ($.19 per share, diluted), for the three months ended June 30, 2013 compared to $0.3 million ($.04 per share, diluted), for the three months ended June 30, 2012. Revenues increased to $37.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2013 compared to revenues of $23.5 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012, primarily due to an increase in premiums.Net income attributable to AMIC increased to $2.2 million ($.27 per share, diluted), for the six months ended June 30, 2013 compared to $1.4 million ($.17 per share, diluted), for the six months ended June 30, 2012. Revenues increased to $72.7 million for the six months ended June 30, 2013 compared to revenues of $45.7 million for the six months ended June 30, 2012, primarily due to an increase in premiums. Chief Executive Officer's Comments Roy Thung, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Earned premium for our medical stop-loss for the second quarter grew 22% over the same quarter last year, driven by annual growth rates at IHC Risk Solutions of 28% in our direct-written business. Profitability of this line of business continues at expected levels. We see a significant portion of this growth arising from employer groups moving from fully insured to self-funding as they consider their alternatives as a result of changes being brought about by health care reform. We expect a continuation of these trends through the remainder of this year and into 2014. Our financial condition and balance sheet remain strong. We have no debt and have grown our book value to $12.67 per share at June 30, 2013 from $12.59 per share at December 31, 2012."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV