Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation fell $1.89 (-2.4%) to $75.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,731,120 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,884,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.26-$77.46 after having opened the day at $77.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.58. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Atlas Resource Partners (ARP), down 10.2%, W&T Offshore (WTI), down 9.3%, Samson Oil & Gas (SSN), down 9.1% and SandRidge Energy (SD), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about COG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV