The Babcock & Wilcox Company (NYSE: BWC) (“B&W” or the “Company”) today reported second quarter 2013 revenues of $886.1 million, an increase of $33.5 million, or 3.9%, from the second quarter of 2012. GAAP earnings per share for the second quarter of 2013 were $0.65 compared to $0.65 in the second quarter of 2012. Adjusted earnings per share for the second quarter of 2013, which excludes the impact of $12.2 million of restructuring charges, were $0.72, an increase of $0.07, or 10.8%, versus the second quarter of 2012.
During the second quarter of 2013, the Company repurchased 2.5 million shares of its common stock at a cost of $68.8 million. Through June 30, 2013, the Company has repurchased a total of 8.5 million shares at a cost of $222.4 leaving approximately $277.6 million of capacity remaining under its previously announced $500 million share repurchase authorization.
- Announced $366 Million Contract for Naval Reactors Materials Procurement
- Awarded Contract for 2nd Virginia Class Submarine in 2013
- Awarded $154 Million Contract for an Environmental Systems Project for a Western U.S. Utility
- Project Joint Venture Awarded $110 Million Contract to Replace Equipment at Iowa Power Plant
- Awarded $40 Million Contract for Denmark Waste-to-Energy Plant
Results of OperationsConsolidated revenues for the second quarter of 2013 were $886.1 million, an increase of $33.5 million, or 3.9%, from the second quarter of 2012. Revenues in the Nuclear Operations segment increased by $65.6 million compared to the prior year period, primarily driven by the timing of activity in the manufacturing of nuclear components for US government programs. Second quarter 2013 revenues of the Power Generation segment decreased by $25.8 million versus the same period in 2012, largely as a result of revised percentage-of-completion estimates for a project on which we recognized contract losses during the quarter. Bookings for the 2013 second quarter totaled $766.2 million, an increase of 25.4% compared to $610.8 million booked in the prior year period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV