Fairfax Financial Increases Offer To Buy American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. To $30.25 Per Share
American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE: ASI) today announced that Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH and FFH.U) has increased its offer to purchase American Safety to $30.25 per share from the previously announced $29.25 per share.
The board of directors of American Safety has approved an amendment to the Merger Agreement among American Safety, Fairfax and Fairfax Holdings Bermuda Ltd. reflecting the revised price and an increase in the termination fee to $13.4 million from $9.1 million. The transaction is subject to customary conditions, including approval of American Safety's shareholders and regulatory approvals.
For 25 years, American Safety Insurance Holdings, Ltd. (NYSE:ASI), a Bermuda holding company, has offered innovative solutions outside the U.S. in the reinsurance and alternative risk markets through its subsidiaries, American Safety Reinsurance, Ltd., and American Safety Assurance, Ltd., and in the U.S. for specialty risks and alternative risk markets through its program administrator, American Safety Insurance Services, Inc., and insurance company subsidiaries and affiliates, American Safety Casualty Insurance Company, American Safety Indemnity Company, and American Safety Risk Retention Group, Inc. As a group, ASI’s insurance subsidiaries and affiliates are rated “A” (Excellent) IX by A.M. Best. For additional information, please visit www.asih.bm .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV