- Company Reports Positive Adjusted EBITDA for Second Quarter 2013
- Sequential Improvement in Revenue and Contribution Margin in Content and Connectivity Businesses on a Pro Forma Basis
- Closes Second Quarter with $110 million in Cash
- Southwest Airlines offers "TV Flies Free" Sponsored by DISH, with Content and Connectivity Services Provided by Global Eagle
- Company Closes Previously Announced Acquisition of PMG; Extends Global Leadership in Delivering Content to Airlines
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq:ENT) (Global Eagle or the Company) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Global Eagle provides entertainment and information content and satellite-delivered connectivity services and hardware to commercial airline passengers and other out-of-home viewers. We do business primarily through our subsidiaries Row 44, Inc. and Advanced Inflight Alliance AG (AIA). Row 44 is a leading provider of satellite-based Internet connectivity systems to the airline industry. AIA is the world's largest provider of content and interactive entertainment for use in in-flight entertainment and connectivity (IFE&C) systems, servicing over 130 airline clients worldwide.
"Our second quarter performance reflects our continuing progress in executing our strategic plan," said John LaValle, Chief Executive Officer. "We are offering industry leading programming, games and apps to airlines around the world for use on a wide array of IFE&C systems. We are seeing strong growth in Wi-Fi usage and are pleased with the performance of our expanded live TV and video-on-demand (VOD) products."Ed Shapiro, Executive Chairman, added, "Southwest Airlines and DISH have announced a partnership to provide live television programming, powered by Global Eagle, free of charge to Southwest passengers. This agreement opens the door to a new stream of revenue for Global Eagle and our airline partners by adding a major sponsor for our content and connectivity offerings, which have traditionally been paid for by airlines or passengers. We expect to begin seeing benefits from this partnership in the third quarter."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV