ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., Aug. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MYR Group Inc. ("MYR") (Nasdaq:MYRG), a leading specialty contractor serving the electrical infrastructure market in the United States, today announced its second-quarter and first-half 2013 financial results.
- Q2 2013 gross margin of 14.6 percent compared to 11.5 percent in Q2 2012.
- Q2 2013 EBITDA of $22.5 million compared to $21.8 million in Q2 2012.
- First-half 2013 gross margin of 14.1 percent compared to 11.2 percent for the same period in 2012.
- First-half 2013 EBITDA of $40.8 million compared to $37.7 million for the same period in 2012.
- First-half 2013 diluted EPS of $0.76 compared to $0.74 for the same period in 2012.
Management CommentsBill Koertner, MYR's president and CEO said, "We are pleased with another quarter of solid financial performance including higher gross profit, EBITDA and cash generation for the second quarter of 2013. Our results benefitted from solid execution in the field and effective contract administration. Our highly skilled workforce, extensive fleet of equipment, commitment to safety, strong balance sheet and disciplined bidding approach are key ingredients to our long term success. We remain optimistic about our long term growth prospects in both our T&D and C&I markets." Second-Quarter Results MYR reported second-quarter 2013 revenues of $213.9 million, a decrease of $46.5 million, or 17.9 percent, compared to the second quarter of 2012. Specifically, the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) segment reported revenues of $174.0 million, a decrease of $41.8 million, or 19.4 percent, over the second quarter of 2012. The majority of the decrease in T&D revenues was the result of a reduction in the amount of material and subcontractor costs from several ongoing large transmission projects. Material and subcontractor cost in our T&D segment comprised approximately 24 percent of total contract cost in the second quarter of 2013, compared to approximately 47 percent in the second quarter of 2012. The Commercial and Industrial (C&I) segment reported second quarter of 2013 revenues of $39.9 million, a decline of $4.7 million, or 10.6 percent, over the second quarter of 2012.The decline in C&I revenues was mainly due to lower revenues from projects with contract values greater than $3.0 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV