Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application specific standard products within the broad discrete, logic and analog semiconductor markets, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Revenue was $214.4 million, an increase of 21.1 percent from the $177.0 million in the first quarter 2013, and an increase of 34.6 percent from the $159.2 million in the second quarter 2012;
- GAAP gross profit was $61.3 million, including a $3.7 million inventory valuation adjustment related to the BCD acquisition, and GAAP gross margin was 28.6 percent;
- Non-GAAP adjusted gross profit was $64.9 million compared to non-GAAP gross profit of $48.0 million in first quarter 2013, and non-GAAP gross profit of $41.0 million in second quarter 2012;
- Non-GAAP adjusted gross profit margin was 30.3 percent compared to non-GAAP gross margin of 27.1 percent in first quarter 2013, and non-GAAP gross margin of 25.8 percent in the second quarter 2012;
- GAAP net income was $8.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to first quarter 2013 GAAP net loss of $1.9 million, or ($0.04) per share, and second quarter 2012 GAAP net income of $6.7 million, or $0.14 per diluted share;
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income was $15.5 million, or $0.33 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP adjusted net income of $7.5 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, in first quarter 2013, and non-GAAP adjusted net income of $6.4 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in second quarter 2012;
- Excluding $2.1 million of share-based compensation expense, GAAP and non-GAAP adjusted net income would have increased by $0.05 per diluted share; and
- Achieved $29.8 million cash flow from operations, $13.3 million net cash flow, and $22.0 million of free cash flow.
Commenting on the results, Dr. Keh-Shew Lu, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Our past design win momentum and new product initiatives, combined with our first full quarter of BCD Semiconductor, contributed to the achievement of record quarterly revenue and increased market share despite the slowdown at certain major OEM customers and continued weakness in the PC market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV