Imperva, Inc. (NYSE: IMPV), a pioneer and leader of a new category of business security solutions for critical applications and high-value data in the data center, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
“The second quarter was highlighted by the 46% year-over-year growth in new customers and 36% increase in deals valued over $100,000,” stated Shlomo Kramer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Imperva. “While we continued to see strong demand for our fully integrated solution, performance in Europe and South America was impacted by sales execution challenges in these regions. Looking forward, we have already taken steps to reaccelerate growth and remain confident in our ability to grow global market share due to the continued strong pipeline of opportunities worldwide.”
Second Quarter 2013 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue for the second quarter of 2013 was $31.3 million, an increase of 28% compared to $24.6 million in the second quarter of 2012. Within total revenue, product revenue was $15.7 million compared to $14.0 million during the second quarter of 2012. Services revenue increased 49% year-over-year to $15.7 million and accounted for 50% of total revenue, up from 43% in the second quarter of 2012. Within services revenue, overall subscription revenue grew 156%, to $2.5 million, compared to the second quarter of 2012. Combined product and subscriptions revenue, a leading indicator of the strength of our business, was $18.2 million compared to $15.0 million during the second quarter of 2012.
- Operating Profit (Loss): Operating loss as reported in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) was $(5.7) million for the second quarter compared to a loss of $(1.4) million during the second quarter in 2012. GAAP results included stock-based compensation expense of $3.6 million for the second quarter of 2013 and $1.2 million for the second quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP operating loss for the second quarter was $(2.1) million, compared to a loss of $(0.3) million during the same period in 2012, excluding the above mentioned charges.
- Net Profit (Loss): GAAP net loss attributable to Imperva stockholders for the second quarter was $(5.9) million, or $(0.24) per share based on 24.2 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. This compares to GAAP net loss attributable to Imperva stockholders of $(1.5) million, or $(0.07) per share based on 22.6 million weighted average shares outstanding in the prior-year period.Non-GAAP net loss attributable to Imperva stockholders for the second quarter of 2013 was $(2.3) million, or $(0.10) per share based on 24.2 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding, excluding the above mentioned charges. This compares to non-GAAP net loss attributable to Imperva stockholders of $(0.4) million, or $(0.02) per share based on 22.6 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding in the prior-year period.Both GAAP and non-GAAP profit and loss per share attributable to Imperva stockholders for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013 adjust for the loss attributable to Imperva’s non-controlling interest in Incapsula.
- Balance Sheet: As of June 30, 2013, Imperva had cash, cash equivalents and investments of $110.4 million. Total deferred revenue of $48.3 million increased 32% compared to $36.5 million as of June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter and Recent Operating Highlights
- During the second quarter of 2013, Imperva added 185 new customers, up 46% compared to the second quarter of last year. Imperva now has over 2,600 customers in more than 75 countries around the world.
- During the second quarter of 2013, Imperva booked 76 deals with a value over $100,000, an increase of 36% compared to 56 deals in the second quarter of last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV