HOUSTON, TEXAS, Aug. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halcón Resources Corporation (NYSE: HK) ("Halcon" or the "Company") today announced that it has filed a preliminary prospectus supplement to its existing shelf registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission relating to an underwritten public offering of 38,000,000 shares of its common stock. The underwriters will also have a 30-day option to purchase up to 5,700,000 additional shares of common stock from Halcón to cover over-allotments, if any.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering to repay a portion of the outstanding borrowings under its senior secured revolving credit facility, which has been, and will continue to be, drawn upon to partially fund acquisitions of both leasehold and producing properties in core areas.
Barclays and BMO Capital Markets are acting as joint book-running managers in connection with this offering.The offering will be made only by means of a prospectus, forming a part of Halcón's effective shelf registration statement, related prospectus supplement and other related documents. You may obtain these documents for free by visiting EDGAR on the Securities and Exchange Commission website at www.sec.gov . Additionally, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement may be obtained from:
- Barclays c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Ave., Edgewood, New York 11717, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (888) 603-5847; or
- BMO Capital Markets, Attn: Syndicate Department, 3 Times Square, 27th Floor, New York, New York 10036, or by email at email@example.com, or by calling (800) 414-3627.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts