WOODSIDE, Calif., Aug. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GSV Capital Corp., ("GSV" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:GSVC), today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
"We are pleased to report an increase in our net asset value of $0.18 to $12.87 per share for the second quarter, reflecting what we believe is the pre-IPO value creation that is a hallmark of the companies in our portfolio," said Michael Moe, GSV's founder and Chief Executive Officer. "Momentum is building as we believe several of these later stage companies approach exit, including Control4 (Nasdaq:CTRL) which successfully completed its IPO last Friday. We are equally enthusiastic about the prospects for the latest additions to our portfolio, including our new top ten investment position in online education provider Coursera."
Portfolio as of June 30, 2013At June 30, 2013, the Company had positions in 45 portfolio companies at a collective fair value of $244.2 million. Out of GSV's 45 portfolio companies, the top 10 investments represented 62.8% of net asset value, and the top three investments represented 30.5% of net asset value. Net assets totaled $248.6 million or $12.87 per share at June 30, 2013, an increase of $0.18 per share from net assets of $12.69 per share at March 31, 2013.
|Top Ten Investments at June 30, 2013|
|$ in millions||Fair Value||% of Net Asset Value|
|Palantir Technologies, Inc.||23.0||9.3|
|Violin Memory, Inc.||14.4||5.8|
|2U, Inc. (f/k/a 2tor, Inc.)||10.6||4.3|
|Avenues World Holdings LLC||10.4||4.2|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV