Full-Year 2013 Net Cash Spend Guidance Reduced to $47 Million to $53 Million – Current Cash Expected to Fund Operations into 4Q14
Multiple Next-Generation Enzyme Replacement Therapies Advancing for Lysosomal Storage Diseases
CRANBURY, N.J., Aug. 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq:FOLD), a biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of therapies for rare and orphan diseases, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013. The Company also summarized recent and upcoming milestones and reduced full-year 2013 net cash spend guidance.Key Program Highlights and Upcoming Milestones:
- Phase 2 chaperone-ERT co-administration study for Pompe disease expected to begin 2H13
- Fabry chaperone-ERT co-formulated product anticipated to enter clinic in 1H14
- Next-generation ERTs for Pompe disease and Mucopolysaccharidosis Type I (MPS I) advancing in preclinical studies
- 12-month (Stage 2) data from Phase 3 Study 011 of migalastat HCl monotherapy for Fabry disease anticipated 4Q13 and top-line data from Study 012 expected 2H14 - U.S. new drug application (NDA) submission expected to include data from all clinical studies
- Cash, cash equivalents, and marketable securities totaled $74.2 million at June 30, 2013 compared to $99.1 million at December 31, 2012.
- Cash reimbursements received from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) for shared development of migalastat HCl totaled $1.3 million compared to $4.3 million in the second quarter 2012.
- No revenue was reported due to a change in revenue recognition accounting under the expanded GSK collaboration. Total revenue of $10.6 million was recognized in the second quarter 2012.
- Total operating expenses decreased to $16.0 million from $20.0 million in the second quarter 2012 due to lower expenses in research and development as well as general and administrative.
- Net loss was $15.3 million, or $0.31 per share, compared to a net loss of $9.3 million, or $0.20 per share, for the second quarter 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV