DOVER, Del., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At their meeting held on August 7, 2013, the Board of Directors of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE: CPK) declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.385 per share on the Company's common stock. The $0.385 per share dividend will be paid October 7, 2013 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on September 13, 2013.
On May 2, 2013, the Board of Directors raised the quarterly dividend 5.5% from $0.365 to $0.385 per share. This represents an annualized dividend of $1.54 per share, up from $1.46 per share. The $0.385 dividend reflects the Board's continued confidence in sustainable long-term earnings growth.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is a diversified utility company engaged in natural gas distribution, transmission and marketing; electric distribution; propane distribution and wholesale marketing; advanced information services and other related businesses. Information about Chesapeake Utilities Corporation and the Chesapeake family of businesses is available at http://www.chpk.com.
For more information, contact: Beth W. CooperSenior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer302.734.6799SOURCE Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV