- Bank Gutenberg employs two former B.C. registrants with regulatory enforcement histories on their night desk to trade on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V).
- As of February 2013, Bank Gutenberg held sixteen trading accounts (all in its own name) with six different Vancouver brokerage firms. Bank Gutenberg used these accounts to trade securities of B.C. reporting issuers on the TSX-V.
- Bank Gutenberg representatives conduct trips to Vancouver to meet with B.C. registrants and other B.C. market participants.
- BCSC staff strongly suspects that there are other B.C. residents who trade through Bank Gutenberg; however the bank has refused to answer direct enquiries, claiming that Swiss secrecy laws do not permit them to directly provide the requested information, and Swiss criminal laws prohibit them from complying with orders or requests from foreign authorities.
Securities Regulator Investigating Potential Breaches By Swiss-based Financial Institution
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts