PLYMOUTH, Minn., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Starting Aug. 20, The Mosaic Company will begin a 10-day tour across the Corn Belt — coined The Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour — and travel by branded bus to visit six farms in six states to spotlight the crop nutrition programs and experiences of the Pursuit of 300 Farmers as they push for higher yields.
The first full production year of the Pursuit of 300 is in full swing, and The Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour is setting out to showcase the progress of each Pursuit Field, share the successes and challenges faced by each Pursuit Farmer, and provide a unique window into the 2013 growing season of six progressive U.S. farms.
The Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour kicks off Aug. 20 at Pursuit Farmer Mitchell Baalman's farm in Hoxie, Kan., includes a stop at the 2013 Farm Progress Show, and concludes Aug. 29 at Curt and Chris Hudson's operation in Crawfordsville, Ind."The Pursuit of 300 is about collaboration, sharing information and real production practices that impact full farm yields," says Kevin Kimm, Senior Director of Marketing at The Mosaic Company. "By visiting each Pursuit Farmer and their retailer, Mosaic is encouraging and engaging in continuous conversations about what it takes to reach the 300-bushel mark." The Road to Higher Yields Farm Tour Schedule:
- Aug. 20: Hoxie, Kan. ( Mitchell Baalman and CPS Kansas)
- Aug. 21: West Point, Neb. ( Todd Prinz and Central Valley Ag)
- Aug. 22: Lake Crystal, Minn. ( Matt and Luke Lantz and Crystal Valley Co-op)
- Aug. 23: Holland, Iowa ( Dale Launstein and Heartland Co-op)
- Aug. 26: Walnut, Ill. ( James Schoff and Ag View FS)
- Aug. 28: 2013 Farm Progress Show, Decatur, Ill.
- Aug. 29: Crawfordsville, Ind. ( Curt and Chris Hudson and CPS Indiana)