CVR Energy (NYSE: CVI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.50%. CVR Energy, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum refining and nitrogen fertilizer manufacturing activities in the United States. The company operates through two segments, Petroleum and Nitrogen Fertilizer. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.67. The average volume for CVR Energy has been 627,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. CVR Energy has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 3.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates CVR Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 72.18% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CVI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CVR ENERGY INC has improved earnings per share by 20.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CVR ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.33 versus $3.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.45 versus $4.33).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 18.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $154.73 million to $183.40 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CVR ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full CVR Energy Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts