5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: VLY, OKS, GLNG, MIC, CVI
Macquarie Infrastructure Company (NYSE: MIC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.20%. Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC, through its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and invests in a diversified group of infrastructure businesses in the United States. The average volume for Macquarie Infrastructure Company has been 283,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Macquarie Infrastructure Company has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the wholesale industry. Shares are up 24.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Macquarie Infrastructure Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $33.67 million or 41.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.05%.
- 40.30% is the gross profit margin for MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, MIC's net profit margin of 2.22% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MIC's share price has jumped by 67.04%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACQUARIE INFRASTRUCT CO LLC reported lower earnings of $0.29 versus $0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.39 versus $0.29).
- MIC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Macquarie Infrastructure Company Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV