Stephanie Link, co-portfolio manager for Jim Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts Plus, told TheStreet's Lindsey Bell there are some positives around Disney, such as beating bottom-line estimates while slightly missing on the top line. However, investors focused on the $160 million to $190 million loss the company plans to take on its film The Lone Ranger.
However, Bell pointed out, Disney also had strong theme park numbers and cable TV results did well, most notably ESPN, which showed an 11% increase in ad revenues.
Link added that expectations were high for the stock, which is up 33% in 2013 and trades at 17 times forward earnings. She would be interested in the name in the low-$60 range. DIS currently trades around $65.However, for right now she prefers Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) due to its strong growth. The company just reported its first earnings results since being spun off by News Corp. (NWSA). Cable revenue were up 25%. Link pointed to the upcoming investor's meeting as a potential catalyst, where she suspects Fox will announce more share repurchases. She also said that we might see a rotation out of Disney in favor of Twenty-First Century Fox. Action Alerts Plus has no holdings in any of the companies mentioned. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV