Dollar General (NYSE:DG) today announced seven employees were recognized with a Serving Others Award for their commitment to the company’s mission of Serving Others through their volunteerism, philanthropy and dedication to organizations in their communities. The award is presented to employees who live Dollar General’s mission, both at work and in their personal lives.
“I’m proud of the ways our employees embrace our mission of Serving Others ,” said Dollar General’s Chairman and CEO Rick Dreiling. “Employees honored with this award are positive stewards of the company’s mission and consistently go above and beyond to make a difference in their hometowns.”
In a special ceremony at a recent company meeting, recipients were presented the Serving Others award and to further recognize employees’ volunteer work, Dollar General will present a $2,500 grant to their volunteer organization on their behalf.
Recipients of the fall 2013 Serving Others Awards are:
- Delinda Reiter, district manager in Warren, Ohio
- Steve Vogt, store manager in Tekamah, Neb.
- Mickeal Hanson, lead sales associate in Hamilton, Ga.
- Travis Guillory, store manager in Lafayette, La.
- Bill Moore, store manager in Columbus, Ohio
- Charles Crawford, store manager in Bryan, Texas
- Douglas Campbell, store manager in Athens, Ga.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV