JOHANNESBURG, Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Atlatsa Resources Corporation ("Atlatsa" or the "Company") announces with deep regret that a contract miner was fatally injured in a fall of ground accident at the Company's Bokoni Platinum Mine Vertical Shaft yesterday, Tuesday, 6 August 2013.
The South African Department of Mineral Resources (DMR) has completed its inspection and issued a section 54 safety stoppage notice at Bokoni's Vertical Shaft operation. Further updates will be provided to the market in due course.
The board of directors and management of the Company and Bokoni Platinum Mines extend their condolences to both the family and colleagues of the deceased contractor.
This fatality comes at a time when Bokoni's safety record has been steadily improving over the past 15 months with two million fatality free shifts achieved on 3 August, 2013.Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. The NYSE MKT LLC has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release. SOURCE Atlatsa Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV