Kuroda must do this against the backdrop of a public debt that dwarfs that of the United States, at more than two times its gross national product.
China (CNYUSD), too, is trying to inject liquidity, lowering borrowing costs in an effort to keep the current slowdown there from accelerating.
Unlike his superhero colleagues, Zhou Xiaochuan has been at his post since 2002, and was just re-appointed. The South China Morning Post reported recently he's looking into engaging directly in foreign currency exchanges, making China more of a player in the currency reserve system.
Injecting China, with its $3.5 trillion in dollar-denominated reserves, into the currency exchange system means there will be a new face at the monetary poker table. And his aim will be to make a profit, not just stimulate his own economy.If the world's Bernankes can get along, and manage the world economy through the mismanagement of political leaders, we will have truly entered a new age. It's something worth considering that the economy is too important to be left to politicians. At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @DanaBlankenhor This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV