ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pentaho Corporation, the leader in big data analytics and data integration, today announced an alliance with Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK) to provide a powerful big data analytics solution that makes it easy for business users to unlock value from machine data generated by websites, applications, servers, storage, network, mobile and other devices, including system sensors. The combined solution, Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk® Enterprise, enables business users to utilize Pentaho to rapidly visualize and gain additional insights from Splunk's machine data platform using existing in-house skills.
"Users can download Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise from Splunkbase, to be able to combine Splunk machine data with a variety of other traditional Pentaho data sources. The bi-directional integration lets business users access, explore, analyze and visualize machine data to extract real, actionable information," said Eddie White, executive vice president, business development at Pentaho. "Our alliance with Splunk will make it much faster and easier for users to manage and gain insight from this highly valuable source of data, combined with other data for context."Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk provides users with:
- Enrichment of data across the enterprise – Pentaho connects Splunk Enterprise to RDBMS, Hadoop, NoSQL and enterprise application data, extending analysis of machine generated data to the business user. Joint customers can export machine data from Splunk Enterprise, or import data via Pentaho into Splunk software for additional context.
- "Business Class" visualizations and analytics – The Reporting and visualization capabilities within Splunk Enterprise are extended with Pentaho's self serve/ad-hoc business analytics capabilities that are complementary to the existing Splunk visualizations.
- One unified platform for data integration and business analytics – A platform designed to help integrate a wide range of business and other data sources for analytics in either Splunk software or Pentaho.
- Download Pentaho Business Analytics for Splunk Enterprise
- Learn more about the Pentaho and Splunk alliance
- Follow Pentaho on Twitter @Pentaho and read the Pentaho blog at http://blog.pentaho.com/
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV