Intermec, Inc. (NYSE: IN) today announced it has been chosen to provide the U.S. Army with Intermec’s industry-leading line of RFID, mobile computer and printer products in partnership with Lowry Computer Products and SRA International, Inc. for the U.S. Army’s Movement and Identification Solutions (AMIS) pRFID II (passive RFID) contract.
Together with Lowry Computer Products, the leading enterprise mobility solutions provider and systems integrator of barcode, software and RFID data collection solutions, Intermec will work in conjunction with SRA International, Inc., which was selected as the prime contractor for the Automated Movement and Identification Solutions pRFID II contract. The pRFID II award is an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity contract valued at $30 million over five years.
“The pRFID II contract showcases Intermec’s continued commitment as a trusted supplier to the Department of Defense,” said Tom Glen, Intermec Director, Federal Region. “It is a direct result of Intermec’s unparalleled AIT technology and further solidifies Intermec’s standing as a leading provider of the automated identification technology products and services to the DOD.”
Under the contract, Intermec will provide information technology solutions, including:
- Intermec’s CN70 RFID rugged mobile computers with integrated UHF RFID reader
- Intermec’s CN4 rugged mobile computer with the IP30 handheld UHF RFID reader
- Intermec’s PM43 passive UHF RFID and barcode printer
- Intermec’s IF2 Fixed RFID Reader
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts