SAN MATEO, Calif., Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marketo (Nasdaq: MKTO), provider of the leading cloud-based marketing software platform for building and sustaining engaging customer relationships, today announced the online availability of the latest book in its popular Definitive Guide series, The Definitive Guide to Engaging Email Marketing (#DG2EEM). Packed with more than 150 pages of expert guidance, email marketing research results, and real-world examples of successful email campaigns, the Definitive Guide is a "must read" for any company looking to make their email marketing more trusted, relevant, and conversational. More engaging email means better results for marketers.
"I've heard a lot of people claim that email is dead, but it's simply not true – there are more than 3.3 billion email accounts in the world and 58% of adult Americans check email first thing in the morning," said DJ Waldow, founder and CEO of Waldow Social and co-author of the Guide. "What has changed is that it now takes new, more engaging tactics and technology to get your emails noticed. The Definitive Guide to Engaging Email Marketing is the essential handbook on how to become a consistent and welcome presence in the inbox of your prospects and customers."
The Definitive Guide to Engaging Email Marketing teaches marketers how to ensure that the emails they are sending adhere to the five key attributes of engaging email: trust-worthy; always relevant; conversational; coordinated across channels, and strategic. The Guide also covers the latest research and provides expert advice across a variety of email topics, including writing subject lines, designing emails for mobile, building and managing lists, avoiding spam filters, integrating email and social, and more."Not all email is created equal. Consumers have learned to filter out the noise, and marketers need to do better if they want to stand out," said Jon Miller, vice president of marketing at Marketo and co-author of the Guide. "Yesterday's campaigns and tools don't cut it anymore. We wrote this guide to show marketers how to step-up to new techniques such as behavioral targeting, multi-step conversations, and email campaigns that are part of a coordinated multi-channel experience." The Definitive Guide to Engaging Email Marketing has already received great reviews from leading industry influencers:
- "Although this book is a tremendous introduction to the ever-changing email landscape, it could be an even more valuable resource for experienced marketers in a new era where success depends on building real relationships." - Matt Blumberg, Chairman & CEO of Return Path, Inc.
- "This is a great collection of ready to use nuggets, actionable advice and reminders on why email is the hub of digital marketing. I recommend it for anyone looking to get a refresher on email or take a deeper dive into what the channel can offer." - Simms Jenkins, CEO, BrightWave Marketing & Author of "The New Inbox and the Truth About Email Marketing."
- "Even in our social media-savvy, always-on, content-saturated world, email remains the backbone of your marketing mix. So the question becomes: Are you using it to its fullest potential? If you can't look me straight in the eye and answer 'YES!' without hesitation or a flicker of doubt, then you need this guide. It delivers the latest tips and tools and email smarts you need to succeed." -- Ann Handley, chief content officer of MarketingProfs and co-author of the best-selling book on content marketing, Content Rules (Wiley, 2012)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts