SEATTLE, Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Thousands of independent pharmacists will converge in Seattle for Cardinal Health's annual Retail Business Conference August 7-10. This year's event encourages independent pharmacies to Discover New Horizons for improving their businesses and for delivering quality, personalized care to patients.
The tradeshow features a 95,000-square-foot trade exhibit floor, highlighting buying opportunities with more than 330 exhibitors. Pharmacists can also access one of the industry's largest and most complete lineups of continuing education opportunities, with 55 courses on topics that can help them improve both their clinical and business operations. Cardinal Health will also highlight its broad array of solutions that help community pharmacies diversify and improve their businesses.
"RBC is the industry's best opportunity to celebrate independent pharmacy and to encourage owners to discover new opportunities to move their businesses forward," said Steve Lawrence, senior vice president of Retail Independent Sales for Cardinal Health. "This event is one of the largest gatherings of independent pharmacy owners in the world, offers more continuing education classes than can be found anywhere else and features the largest trade show floor and more exhibitors than in the show's 23 year history. It's an outstanding opportunity for independent pharmacies to learn from their peers and gain valuable insight into how to improve their businesses."
Similar to years past, RBC 2013 will include a full line up of educational opportunities including:
- The RBC Opening Session featuring Chris Gardner , entrepreneur, author, philanthropist and single parent whose inspiring life story was published as an autobiography, The Pursuit of Happyness, which became a New York Times and Washington Post #1 best seller and was the inspiration for the 2006 movie by the same name. Gardner's childhood was marked by overwhelming need, domestic violence, illiteracy and abuse. Fascinated by finance, but without connections, an MBA or even a college degree, Gardner earned a spot in the prestigious Dean Witter Reynolds training program, willing to live on next to nothing while he learned a new trade and raised his young son as a single parent. He persevered through homelessness to later become a top earner at Bear Stearns & Co., where he worked from 1983-1987, before founding the brokerage firm Gardner Rich in Chicago. Today, Gardner is actively involved in multiple initiatives that help homeless families stay intact, and is the recipient of numerous humanitarian awards. At RBC 2013, Gardner will share his hard-won wisdom and practical guidance to encourage attendees to achieve their full potential, pursue new challenges, search for fulfillment at any stage of life and craft the legacy they want to leave behind.
- The RBC Industry Session featuring Mark B. McClellan, M.P.A., M.D., Ph.D., doctor and economist who formerly served as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), member of the President's Council of Economic Advisers and as senior director for health care policy at the White House. Currently, Dr. McClellan is senior fellow, director of the Engelberg Center for Health Care Reform, and Leonard D. Schaeffer Chair in Health Policy Studies at the Brookings Institution. He will lead the Industry Session at RBC 2013, titled Driving the Conversation: A Look at the Future of Healthcare in America. His discussion will focus on the important role pharmacy and specifically, community pharmacy, can play in shaping that future.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts