8. -- Costco (COST), the warehouse retailer, said same-store sales for August rose 4%; analysts were expecting sales for the four weeks ended Aug. 4 to rise 5.1%.
9. -- Hilton Worldwide has chosen four banks as the main underwriters for its widely expected initial public offering, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the matter.Hilton, taken private by Blackstone Group (BX) in 2007, hired Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley to underwrite the offering, the Journal reported.
10. -- Movie studio Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF) is expected by analysts on Thursday to post fiscal first-quarter earnings of 9 cents a share.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV