AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) today announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Adap.tv, Inc., a leading global, programmatic video advertising platform for the world’s largest brands, agencies, and publishers.
Amir Ashkenazi, CEO, Adap.tv (left) and Tim Armstrong, Chairman & CEO, AOL (right) (Photo: Business Wire)
Adap.tv brings to AOL:
- The only complete global programmatic video technology stack for publishers and advertisers across all screens;
- A unified yield management platform for advertisers and publishers for planning, targeting, adserving and measurement;
- One of the fastest growing platforms on the internet, having grown global revenue over 100% per year in each of the last three years;
- Wide adoption by the largest global advertisers and publishers, including 83 of the Ad Age 100 and 70 of the comScore 100; and
- A talented team which has driven innovation in the automation of global video advertising.
The combination of AOL On and Adap.tv will give AOL a unique end-to-end solution and video stack for publishers and advertisers – from premium original production, to content aggregation and syndication platforms, robust video CMS technology, and now a leading programmatic video platform.
The strength of Adap.tv’s comprehensive platform and team has enabled its rapid expansion, resulting in a large and growing customer base of publishers and advertisers. In 2012, Adap.tv supported more than 26,000 global ad campaigns, which ran on approximately 9,500 websites and was used by many top brand advertisers.AOL has invested heavily in the digital video space by focusing exclusively on premium content and premium publishers. This investment has propelled the AOL On Network to No. 2 in monthly content video views in the U.S. for nine of the last 12 months*.