RA'ANANA, Israel, August 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
NICE Systems (NASDAQ: NICE) today announced that it has entered an agreement to acquire Causata, a provider of real-time Big Data analytics technology.
The acquisition will allow NICE to offer solutions which provide greater visibility into a customer's activities on the Web and apply the insights from that data in real time, across other touch points such as the contact center. Organizations will be better positioned to enhance the customer experience, increase revenues, and achieve greater operational efficiency. These solutions are further augmented by Causata's Web-based predictive analytics and machine learning technologies, which, when applied to terabytes of information, allow organizations to improve real-time decisioning and guidance. NICE will benefit from Causata's real-time Hadoop-based interaction repository, real-time decisioning, dynamic customer profiles, and Web personalization.
"One of the biggest challenges enterprises face today is the difficulty breaking barriers between the Web and assisted-service channels, such as the contact center," said Keith Dawson, principal analyst at Ovum. "In order to truly understand the customer journey and get the most value from that understanding, companies must know what their customers are doing on the Web, as they do it. The key is to then share that insight with the sales, services, and marketing organizations, so that they can act in real time to deliver outstanding, personalized customer service and realize more sales opportunities."The integration of Causata's Hadoop-based technologies into NICE's Customer Engagement Analytics platform generates new capabilities, including:
- Creation of dynamic customer profiles based on real-time analysis of current and past activities over multiple channels
- Convergence of self-service digital channels, such as Web and mobile, with assisted-service channels to better manage the customer journey
- Ability to provide contact center agents the complete context of an interaction, based on a customer's activities prior to and during that interaction
- Improved real-time decisioning, using predictive analytics and machine learning, to guide employees to the next best action
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts