Better Than Retinol? Revolutionary Compound Makes Aging Skin Look 8-10 Years Younger
NEW YORK, Aug. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Most people think the main reason we get wrinkles is because of too much sun. That's why we stay out of it when we can... wear sunblock when we go outside and never, ever get within fifteen feet of a tanning bed. So why are we still getting wrinkles?
That's why all this new information about the OTHER cause of wrinkles is so attention grabbing (after all, most of us didn't even know there was "another" cause of wrinkles). New research reveals that glycation and glycotoxins (byproducts of sugar metabolism) produce wrinkles on even the most religiously sunscreened skin.
What is glycation exactly? ELLE magazine explained it in a recent article called (what else?) "Sugar and Aging: How to Fight Glycation," like this: "When you have sugar molecules in your system, they bombard the body's cells like a meteor shower — glomming onto fats and proteins in a process known as glycation. This forms Advanced Glycation End products (commonly shortened, appropriately, to AGEs), which cause protein fibers to become stiff and malformed… The proteins in skin most prone to glycation are the same ones that make a youthful complexion so plump and springy — collagen and elastin. When those proteins hook up with renegade sugars, they become discolored, weak, and less supple; this shows up on the skin's surface as wrinkles, sagginess, and a loss of radiance."
If that wasn't bad enough, grilling, frying, toasting and roasting foods all produce high levels of AGEs. So things like crusted breads, broiled chicken, grilled salmon, coffee (the beans are roasted!) are all loaded with AGEs. Even granola — a health-nut staple — is an AGE double whammy, since it has lots of sugar AND it's toasted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV