NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for July 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 6.4 million contracts, excluding Bclear in July 2013 increased 3.2% compared to July 2012, but decreased 27.1% from June 2013. U.S. equity options volumes increased 2.1% compared to July 2012, but decreased 20.7% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities and in European cash equities declined both year-over-year and month-over-month.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in June 2013 of 6.4 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 3.2% from July 2012, but decreased 27.1% from June 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in July 2013 of 2.8 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 5.4% compared to July 2012, but decreased 33.1% from June 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 2.7% compared to July 2012, and decreased 29.4% from June 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.6 million contracts in July 2013 increased 2.1% compared to July 2012 levels, but decreased 20.7% from June 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 26.6% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in July 2013, up from 25.9% in June 2012, but down from 27.5% in June 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 35,000 contracts decreased from 53,400 contracts in July 2012 and decreased from 96,300 contracts in June 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.4 million transactions in July 2013 decreased 5.0% compared to July 2012 and decreased 8.3% compared to June 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.4 billion shares in July 2013 decreased 15.8% compared to July 2012 and decreased 23.1% compared to June 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in July 2013 was 30.6%, down from 32.1% in July 2012 and down from 32.4% in June 2013.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
_____________________________ 1 All NYSE Euronext derivatives transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction. NYSE Euronext European equities transactions count each buy and sell order as separate transactions, NYSE Euronext U.S. equities transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction.About NYSE Euronext NYSE Euronext (NYX) is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies. The company's exchanges in Europe and the United States trade equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products. With approximately 8,000 listed issues (excluding European Structured Products), NYSE Euronext's equities markets - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Euronext, NYSE MKT, NYSE Alternext and NYSE Arca - represent one-third of the world’s equities trading, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE Euronext also operates NYSE Liffe, one of the leading European derivatives businesses and the world's second-largest derivatives business by value of trading. The company offers comprehensive commercial technology, connectivity and market data products and services through NYSE Technologies. NYSE Euronext is in the S&P 500 index. For more information, please visit: http://www.nyx.com. Please follow us at: