- CSN posted record sales of 3.1 million tonnes of steel in 1H13, 15% up year-on-year, with an emphasis on the domestic market, which absorbed 2.4 million tonnes. Second-quarter sales came to 1.6 million tonnes;
- Net revenue from steel totaled R$6.1 billion in 1H13, 21% higher than in 1H12 and the Company's best ever first-half performance, and R$3.1 billion in the second quarter, 7% more than in 1Q13 and also a new record;
- Iron ore sales amounted to 6.0 million tonnes in 2Q13, a 45% improvement over 1Q13;
- Consolidated gross profit came to R$1.0 billion in 2Q13, 32% up on the previous three months;
- Adjusted EBITDA of R$1.1 billion in 2Q13 was 21% higher than in 1Q13;
- Mining and steel EBITDA recorded respective quarter-on-quarter growth of 22% and 17% in 2Q13;
- The EBITDA margin stood at 24% in the second quarter, a 2 p.p. improvement over 1Q13;
- CSN closed the first half with cash and cash equivalents of R$15.1 billion according to the proportional consolidation criterion.
CSN Posts Record Steel Revenue And Sales Volume In 1H13
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.