SAO PAULO, Aug. 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN – Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) (NYSE: SID) announces its results for the 2Q13 and 1H13:
- CSN posted record sales of 3.1 million tonnes of steel in 1H13, 15% up year-on-year, with an emphasis on the domestic market, which absorbed 2.4 million tonnes. Second-quarter sales came to 1.6 million tonnes;
- Net revenue from steel totaled R$6.1 billion in 1H13, 21% higher than in 1H12 and the Company's best ever first-half performance, and R$3.1 billion in the second quarter, 7% more than in 1Q13 and also a new record;
- Iron ore sales amounted to 6.0 million tonnes in 2Q13, a 45% improvement over 1Q13;
- Consolidated gross profit came to R$1.0 billion in 2Q13, 32% up on the previous three months;
- Adjusted EBITDA of R$1.1 billion in 2Q13 was 21% higher than in 1Q13;
- Mining and steel EBITDA recorded respective quarter-on-quarter growth of 22% and 17% in 2Q13;
- The EBITDA margin stood at 24% in the second quarter, a 2 p.p. improvement over 1Q13;
- CSN closed the first half with cash and cash equivalents of R$15.1 billion according to the proportional consolidation criterion.
The full Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference call about its 2Q13 Earnings on WEDNESDAY, August 7 th, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. (US ET) in Portuguese with simultaneous translation into English. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations David SalamaInvestor Relations Executive Officer Phone: +55 11 3049-7588 email@example.com SOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderugica Nacional