- Revenue increased 7% to $2.0 billion.
- Pricing in North America increased 1% year-over-year.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $179 million, excluding certain items.
- Diluted earnings per share were $0.50, excluding certain items, on a GAAP net loss of $28 million.
- Company updates its full-year earnings outlook.
- Company authorizes $200 million share repurchase program.
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Aug. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CAR) today reported results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2013. For the quarter, the Company reported revenue of $2.0 billion, a 7% increase compared with the prior-year second quarter. Excluding certain items, Adjusted EBITDA declined 33% to $179 million. The Company reported net income of $58 million, excluding certain items, and a GAAP net loss of $28 million due to debt-extinguishment expenses, transaction-related charges and restructuring costs.
"Our second quarter results reflected volume growth in all regions and increased pricing in North America, offset by the significant year-over-year increase in North American fleet costs occasioned by the significant car-sale gains and depreciation adjustments recorded in the comparable quarter of last year," said Ronald L. Nelson, Avis Budget Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Going forward, we expect volume and pricing trends in North America to remain favorable and fleet costs to stabilize. In addition, summer trends in Europe are also favorable, while the integration of Zipcar continues to progress as planned, with both cost savings and incremental revenue opportunities being realized."
Zipcar, acquired by the Company in March 2013, contributed approximately $76 million to revenues and $6 million to Adjusted EBITDA in the second quarter.The Company also today announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a new share repurchase program that will enable it to purchase up to $200 million of its common stock. The amount and timing of specific repurchases are subject to market conditions, Company performance and stock price, applicable legal requirements and other factors. Repurchases may be conducted in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions. The Company intends to fund share repurchases primarily with cash flow from operations and indicated that the share repurchase authorization does not represent any change in its targeted leverage ratios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV