- EPS from continuing operations of $0.91 compares with $0.10 in the year ago period.
- Net income was $159 million for the first quarter, an increase of $117 million from net income of $42 million in the prior year.
- Operating income was $304 million, an increase of $158 million as compared to $146 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. Operating income margin was 9.3%, an increase of 530 bps from 4.0% in the year ago period.
- Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) was $241 million, an increase of $167 million as compared to $74 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2013. EBIT margin of 7.4% improved by 540 bps from 2.0% in the prior year.
- Operating cash flow of $213 million in the quarter compares with the $221 million in the prior year.
- Free cash flow of negative $9 million improved by $16 million when compared with negative $25 million for the year ago period.
- Ending cash and cash equivalents were $1.93 billion as of June 28, 2013, an increase of $930 million over the prior year.
CSC Reports Strong Q1 2014 Increase In Profitability
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.