Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ:SMCI), a leader in application optimized, high performance server solutions, today announced fourth quarter and full-year financial results for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013.
Fiscal 4th Quarter Highlights
- Quarterly net sales of $322.3 million, up 15.9% from the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 and up 16.8% from the same quarter of last year.
- GAAP net income of $8.4 million, up 19.7% from the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 and up 52.9% from the same quarter of last year.
- GAAP gross margin of 14.3%, up from 14.0% in the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 and down from 15.4% in the same quarter of last year.
- Server solutions accounted for 47.4% of net sales compared with 41.8% in the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 and 44.6% in the same quarter of last year.
Net sales for the fourth quarter ended June 30, 2013 totaled $322.3 million, up 15.9% from $278.0 million in the third quarter of fiscal year 2013. No customer accounted for more than 10% of net sales during the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
GAAP net income for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2013 was $8.4 million or $0.19 per diluted share, an increase of 52.9% from the net income of $5.5 million, or $0.12 per diluted share in the same period a year ago. Included in net income for the quarter is $2.7 million of stock-based compensation expense (pre-tax). Excluding this item and the related tax effect, non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $11.3 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $8.1 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in the same quarter of the prior year. On a sequential basis, non-GAAP net income increased from the third quarter of fiscal year 2013 by $1.3 million or $0.03 per diluted share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV