One of the Company’s largest capital projects in the second quarter of 2013 was the full renovation of the SpringHill Suites in Nashville, TN. During the renovation, all guestrooms were updated to include new furniture, beds, lighting, air conditioning units, and wall coverings. The bathrooms were renovated with new fixtures, tile, and paint. As part of the common areas update, the exercise room was relocated and outfitted with all new fitness equipment. With the re-image of the lobby, a new kitchen, business center, and front desk were included to improve the overall guest experience. To complete the full renovation, the entire outside of the building was painted and parking lot was updated. The renovation cost approximately $1.9 million and was complete in May of 2013.
“The capital we have invested in the renovations of our hotels has provided us with exceptional results,” said Mr. Hansen. “We see RevPAR growth premiums from these renovated hotels and will continue to invest in our portfolio where opportunities are presented.”
- At June 30, 2013, the Company had total outstanding debt of $517.5 million and $34.4 million of cash and cash equivalents. Maximum borrowing capacity was $150.0 million under the senior secured revolving credit facility. The Company had $96.6 million outstanding on its senior secured revolving credit facility, $5.2 million in standby letters of credit, and $48.2 million available to borrow. In addition, the Company had 17 unencumbered hotels available.
- The Company’s weighted average interest rate on its debt outstanding at June 30, 2013 was 4.37%.
- At June 30, 2013, the Company’s total net debt to trailing twelve month pro forma corporate EBITDA was 4.9x. The Company’s debt to total market capitalization was 37.5%.
- On July 22, 2013, the Company closed on a $38.7 million CMBS loan with KeyBank, N.A. secured by the two recent Louisville, KY acquisitions, the Courtyard by Marriott and the Fairfield Inn & Suites. This loan matures on August 1, 2023 and bears interest at a fixed rate of 4.95%. Proceeds from the loan were applied to the $92 million senior secured interim loan with KeyBank, N.A.
- On July 26, 2013, the Company received proceeds from a $7.4 million term loan with Metabank secured by the Hyatt Place in Atlanta, GA. This loan matures on August 1, 2018 and bears interest at a fixed rate of 4.25%.
- On August 1, 2013, the Company closed on a $34.0 million term loan with ING Life Insurance and Annuity. This loan matures on March 1, 2038 and bears interest at a fixed rate of 4.55%. ING has the right to call the loan in full on March 1, 2019, 2024, 2029, and 2034.
- As of August 5, 2013, the Company had total outstanding debt of $515.3 million. Maximum borrowing capacity was $150.0 million under the senior secured revolving credit facility. The Company had $60.6 million outstanding on its senior secured revolving credit facility, $0.5 million in standby letters of credit, and $88.9 million available to borrow. In addition, the Company had 15 unencumbered hotels available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV