Pro forma net income was $3.7 million or $0.22 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2013, as compared to $2.7 million or $0.17 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2012. A reconciliation between GAAP net income and pro forma net income is included in the accompanying financial data.During the second quarter, three new Chuy’s restaurants were opened - Richmond, Virginia; Little Rock, Arkansas; and Charlotte, North Carolina. Subsequent to the end of the second quarter, an additional Chuy’s restaurant was opened in Greenville, South Carolina. A total of six new Chuy's restaurants have been opened year-to-date during 2013.
- Comparable restaurant sales growth of approximately 1.75%, which implies 1.0% to 1.5 % in the back half of the year;
- Restaurant pre-opening expenses of approximately $3.3 million to $3.9 million;
- General and administrative expense of approximately $10.5 million to $11.0 million;
- A pro forma effective tax rate of approximately 29% to 31%;
- The opening of eight to nine new restaurants;
- Net capital expenditures (net of tenant improvement allowances) of approximately $19.1 million to $21.2 million; and
- Annual weighted average diluted shares outstanding of 16.7 million to 16.8 million shares.