WWE Studios (NYSE: WWE) and Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) announced today that production on See No Evil 2, the follow up to the duo’s 2006 horror release, See No Evil, is scheduled to start in fall 2013. WWE® Superstar Kane®, a dominant force within the WWE, is set to reprise his lead role as reclusive madman Jacob Goodnight. Fanboy favorites and identical twin directors of horror, the Soska Sisters, Jen and Sylvia ( American Mary), are set to helm the film. See No Evil 2 was penned by co-writers Nathan Brookes and Bobby Lee Darby.
See No Evil 2 revives the nightmare of the first film when Jacob Goodnight rises from the dead in the city morgue after his killing spree at the Blackwell hotel. In this ominous, underground locker for the dead, a group of medical students fight to survive as this deranged psychopath once again starts to pick them apart one by one.
Lionsgate will handle worldwide distribution of See No Evil 2, while WWE Studios will utilize its extensive global reach through television, digital and social media and print assets to market the film.
"We are so pleased to extend what has been an ideal partnership with Lionsgate,” said Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios. “Their expertise in distributing and marketing thrilling genre films complements our own vision and efforts for these movies perfectly. We are equally excited to work with the Soska Sisters, who will apply their truly unique filmmaking style to See No Evil 2.”"The WWE team has proven success in building strong global brands and have proven to be a great partner in our past ventures together," said Steve Beeks, Co-Chief Operating Officer and Motion Picture Group President, Lionsgate. "We are thrilled to expand the partnership in the development and marketing of genre features that marry WWE's stars with our own global distribution expertise."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV