NEW YORK, Aug. 6 , 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL), the New York-based specialty athletic retailer, unveiled today one of the latest in its series of national advertising spots to promote its "Approved" sneakers and gear. The commercial stars Los Angeles Clippers teammates and NBA All-Stars Blake Griffin and Chris Paul and specifically highlights the latest Foot Locker Jordan Brand offerings.
The spot features Griffin sitting at home, hawking everything from Foot Locker gear to salsa to the country of Lithuania, while his friend Paul looks on in confusion. Griffin is then seen hooked up to a machine called "The Endorser," which has transformed him into the perfect pitch man. Fortunately, Paul disconnects him from the machine and Griffin reveals his true feelings, that Foot Locker does in fact offer the freshest "Approved" gear this fall.
"Foot Locker created a fun commercial and I had a great time doing this spot with Chris," says Blake Griffin. "Regardless of whether or not you like my skills as a salesman in the spot, you'll agree that we look fresh in our Jordan Brand gear from Foot Locker."The commercial is part of Foot Locker's highly successful "Approved" marketing platform and can be seen at youtube.com/footlocker. The spot launches during the key back-to-school selling season for Foot Locker, which offers an incredible head-to-toe assortment of shoes, shirts, socks, hats, sweatshirts, and backpacks, including Jordan Brand gear. "We enjoyed working with Blake and Chris on our latest Foot Locker commercial. They both exude the talent and humor that is inherent in our 'Approved' campaign," says Stacy Cunningham, EVP Marketing at Foot Locker, Inc. "They are a perfect fit for our brand and will help extend our message." The commercial was created by worldwide advertising agency BBDO.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV