Louisiana-Pacific (LPX) ($16.81) is down 10.4% since May 6 setting a 2013 low at $14.51 on June 26. Shortly after the May 6 post the stock was downgraded to hold from buy according to ValuEngine. The company matched first-quarter earnings estimates on May 6 earning 41 cents and is expected to earn 31 cents in the second quarter on August 6. It appears that the provider of building materials and engineered wood products did not benefit from the Sandy recovery. My weekly value level is $16.01 with a quarterly pivot at $17.73 and semiannual risky level at $17.94.
Sherwin Williams (SHW) ($176.83) is down 5.8% since May 6 after setting a new a new all-time high at $194.55 on May 14. The hold rated stock traded down to and held its 200-day SMA at $166.23 on July 18, which fulfilled the risk of a reversion to the mean. The company beat first-quarter earnings estimates by 3 cents a share on April 18 earning $1.11. On July 18, the company missed second-quarter earnings estimates by 4 cents a share earning $2.54 a share. It appears that the distributor and retailer of paint was helped by the Sandy recovery in a modest way. My semiannual value level is $174.49 with a quarterly risky level at $189.34.
Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) ($86.88) is up 12.8% since May 6 and set a new multiyear high at $87.85 on Monday. The hold rated stock traded below its 200-day SMA at $75.68 on June 24, then recovered. On April 25 the company reported a first-quarter earnings beat of 7 cents a share earning $1.03. On July 26 the company reported second-quarter earnings and beat EPS estimates by 2 cents earning $1.21 a share. In a disaster such as Sandy, the supplier of tools and related accessories benefited by homeowners and businesses doing their own repairs using the company's products. My weekly value level is $83.97 with a monthly pivot at $86.10 and semiannual risky level at $88.90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV