NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The recovery from the damages caused by super storm Sandy has progressed another three months since I wrote "9 Stocks to Play in the Sandy Recovery" back on May 7. Today I will evaluate the winners and losers from both a price gains or losses and earnings beats and misses.
On May 7, three stocks had buy ratings according to www.ValuEngine.com today one of those has a hold rating leaving two with current buy ratings. Three months ago five had hold ratings and today six have hold ratings, one was a downgrade from buy, another was an upgrade from sell. A hold-rated stock became the only sell rated stock today.
On May 7, two stocks were modestly undervalued and today there are four. Back then three were overvalued by more than 20% and today there are five. The gains over the last 12 months remain robust by 20.0% to 95.7% across all nine stocks.
On May 7, all nine were above their 200-day simple moving averages and today three are below, reflecting the risk of a reversion to the mean. Six of the nine stocks returned to their 200-day SMA between the May 7 post and today's post.Three months ago we were in the midst of first-quarter 2013 earnings season, and today we are looking at second-quarter earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV