3 Stocks Pulling The Health Services Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Varian Medical Systems ( VAR) is down $0.81 (-1.1%) to $71.80 on light volume. Thus far, 269,373 shares of Varian Medical Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 800,900 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $71.77-$72.82 after having opened the day at $72.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.61. Varian Medical Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and services medical devices and software for treating cancer with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy, and brachytherapy worldwide. Varian Medical Systems has a market cap of $7.9 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 3.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Varian Medical Systems a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Varian Medical Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Varian Medical Systems Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts