3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: AEE, SNH, NGLS
Targa Resources Partners (NYSE: NGLS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.60%. Targa Resources Partners LP provides midstream natural gas, natural gas liquid (NGL), terminaling, and crude oil gathering services in the United States. The company operates in two divisions, Gathering and Processing, and Logistics and Marketing. The company has a P/E ratio of 134.42. The average volume for Targa Resources Partners has been 380,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Targa Resources Partners has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 35.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Targa Resources Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NGLS's share price has jumped by 34.27%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TARGA RESOURCES PARTNERS LP reported lower earnings of $1.20 versus $1.98 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 16.3% in earnings ($1.01 versus $1.20).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $46.90 million to $26.30 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.45 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NGLS maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.82, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Targa Resources Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts