NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- All-coach airline JetBlue Airways (JBLU) announced it is adding a business-class cabin that will include 16 lie-flat seats on flights between New York and Los Angeles and San Francisco.
The 16 premium seats will include air cushions with adjustable firmness and massage capabilities, a 15-inch television and a "wake-me-for-service" flight-attendant indicator. They will measure 6 feet, 8 inches when reclined into full, lie-flat position. Four of the 16 seats will have doors and will be dubbed "private suites." JetBlue said 11 of its new Airbus A321 planes will feature the seats in the second quarter of 2014. Planes that include the new seats will accommodate 143 passengers in coach.
JetBlue hasn't yet announced the price of the new premium seats.
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn increased his stake in Dell (DELL) as a shareholder vote over control of the company approaches. Icahn disclosed in a regulatory filing late Monday that he purchased an additional 4 million shares in Dell on Thursday, bringing his stake in the company to 8.9% from 8.7%. Icahn purchased the shares on the same day he filed a suit to block a delay in a shareholder vote over control of the company. Founder Michael Dell and investment firm Silver Lake Partners boosted their buyout bid for the company just one day later. Their bid is currently $13.75 a share, with shareholders receiving a special dividend of 13 cents share. A shareholder vote on the offer is scheduled for Sept. 12. Icahn has bid $15.50 a share.
Drugstore chain CVS Caremark (CVS) reported a 16% rise in second-quarter profit that beat Wall Street expectations, driven by new generic drugs, which helped to boost operating profit in pharmacy units.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV