NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Internet stocks have been on fire recently following surprisingly robust earnings reports.
Back on June 6 I wrote, "IPO Report Card: Ups and Downs of Internet IPOs" in which where I showed the performances of nine Internet companies that have gone public in recent years.
I showed the dramatic ups and downs of these stocks, including those that were considered to be failures as IPOs.
My updates today explain how some of these stocks have become parabolic recently. Seven of the nine stocks have logged two-month gains of between 26.2% and 96.7%. These companies went public between May 2009 and May 2012.At ValuEngine we have enough data to provide valuations and ratings. Three stocks are undervalued, and four are overvalued by 40.8% to 96.7%, reflecting that price momentum may have gone too far. This predicament often occurs as bubbles in the equity markets are inflating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV