SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Aug. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hyperion Therapeutics (Nasdaq:HPTX) announced today that Larry J. Singer has joined the company as vice president, Manufacturing. Mr. Singer is an executive with over 30 years of experience in manufacturing and global supply chain operations.
"With the recent launch of Ravicti ® and acquisition of Buphenyl ®, we are pleased to hire an executive of Larry's caliber and wealth of experience to lead our supply operations as we build our commercial presence and reputation in the marketplace," said Donald J. Santel, chief executive officer of Hyperion.
For the past 8 years, Mr. Singer was president of NexGen Consulting Group, LLC providing technical consulting services to the pharma, biotech, food, and consumer products industries. Prior to NexGen, Mr. Singer was senior director, Strategic Supply Chain & head of Biosimilars Division for Biogen Idec, Inc., a biotechnology company. Earlier in his career, he was senior director, Operations at Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company and also held managerial roles at Gilead Sciences, Inc., Dey Laboratories, Syntex Corporation and Wyeth Laboratories. Mr. Singer holds a J.D. from Suffolk University Law School, an M.B.A from University of Phoenix, and a B.Sc. from St. John's University.About Hyperion Therapeutics Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc. is a commercial stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and delivering life-changing treatments for orphan diseases and hepatology. The company's first commercial product, Ravicti® (glycerol phenylbutyrate) Oral Liquid, was approved in February 2013 and is currently being marketed in the United States. The company also owns and markets BUPHENYL® (sodium phenylbutyrate) Tablets and Powder worldwide. For more information, please visit www.hyperiontx.com .
CONTACT: Sylvia Wheeler, Investor Relations (650) 794-7834
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV